Registration and Renewal
Before registering domains for a customer, we require that customers read and accept the following terms and conditions. Acceptance of these terms will form a contract between Green Duck and the party for whom we are registering the domain.
- Our standard domain registration term is 1 year
- The cost of a .co.uk domain registration is £35.00 for a 2 year term
- All domains are renewed on an annual basis
- We will send out renewal invoices via email 60 days before expiry as well as reminders 30 day and 7 days before expiry. At each milestone, the registrant will be required to respond with instruction to either renew the domain or to cancel it. Registrants will have to read and accept Nominet and green Duck T’s & C’s before a renewal is processed.
- Domains will renew automatically once the invoice has been settled.
- We will send the emails to the email address on the account, it is the registrant’s responsibility to make sure their contact details are up to date. Green Duck take no responsibility if your domain renewal fails due to your contact details being incorrect.
- Renewal fees are set to the same as the original purchase fee and there are no additional administration charges for the renewal of a domain.
- If you do not wish to renew a domain please make sure you contact us a minimum of 14 days before your domain expires by responding to our emails with instruction to allow the domain to expire.
- If you do not renew your domain before its expiry date it will have all services we provide suspended and you will have up to 30 days (protected period) after to renew the domain name at the original renewal fee.
- After 30 days your domain will be suspended, after 60 days your domain will be cancelled and deleted from the register and made available for resale through a third party registrar. Green Duck will not guarantee the renewal of a domain name that falls outside of this period.
- You can access the Nominet policies here: https://www.nominet.uk/uk-domains/policies/
Customer Service Commitments
- For urgent enquiries please call us on: 01284 700 015
- Office hours are Monday-Friday 09:00 – 17:30, for any enquiries outside these hours please submit an enquiry through the contact form below
- We will to respond to all points of contact within 1 business day and aim to resolve any issues you have within 5 business days.
Here at Green Duck, we aim to get it right all the time, every time but the truth of it is everyone gets it wrong from time to time. We can only improve on our services with valid feedback from you, our customers.
- If you wish to make a complaint about a service you have received, please submit an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org including as much detail from the issue you have. We will acknowledge your complaint within 1 business day and aim to resolve any issues within 5 business days.
If you’re not happy with the initial outcome of your complaint regarding a .uk domain, than please feel free to escalate your issue to Nominet (the .uk registry) here: https://www.nominet.uk/complaints/
If you wish to raise a complaint about abuse you have received (phishing scams, spam emails etc), please contact us using the form below. Please include as much detail as possible about the abuse.